Saturday, August 4, 2012

Catholics on Call

I attended the Catholics on Call contreat (conference-retreat) this week. It was an eye opening experience and one I will not soon forget. Catholics on Call was a gathering of Young Adult Catholics who are discerning their life vocations and career vocations. We were all in different places in our discernment processes. But we all held much in common, and because of this we connected quickly.

Some of the most memorable moments were made after 10pm, with theological discussion, night prayer, and praise and worship.

What I took out of this week was the tools for further discernment. Am I doing it right, where should my focus be, am I truly open to what God is calling me to do?

Another point I took from this weekend was how I might serve the church more effectively. I feel inclined to seek out a Masters Degree in theology or pastoral ministries so that I might be better prepared to serve my parish and the greater Church community.

One of the greatest things that came from this weekend though was the amazing community from Catholics on Call. I learned so much this weekend and a lot of it was because of all those I shared the experience with. I love all of those who make up Catholics on Call 2012, we are the future of the Church...the Church is in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment