Tuesday, May 29, 2012

God calls us to serve Him...and His Church

Well it seems that it is difficult for me to keep to a weekly schedule on this. Here is the next installment:

Website of the Week:
http://www.catholicyouth.freeservers.com/vocations/single_life.htm

What we pull from this:
Well, I feel that this site has given the best description of what someone in the Single Life is called to do.  The Single life vocation allows the person so give wholly of themselves to the Church. The article points out that the person is not bound to support a family or tied down by the rules of a community to only do certain types of work. This confirms some of my preconceived notions about the single life vocation and strengthens some of the things that I find most appealing about the single life. This vocation allows you to love your job/career for it's ministry to the world and you can give of yourself in all aspects of your career without the fear of being a "workaholic".  The single life asks those in this vocation to devote their lives to the cause of mother church in any way that they feel they can best serve her.

Also, in other news. In the continuation of my discernment, I found a conference that is being held this July for those discerning the religious life and lay ministry. I have applied and should know by mid-June...about the time I head down to Chattanooga with the Youth Group, whether or not I have been accepted. Should be a lot of fun and very informative if I get to go. Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment