Sunday, May 13, 2012

To Be or Not Able to Be...that is the answer?

Well tonight when I got on I realized I hadn't posted in a week. I promised I would try to do so at least once a week. I looked up Single Life on Google tonight and found this interesting test site: http://www.vocationnetwork.org/match?m=2 We'll see what I get...

Well...we can't decide vocation by a test...Looks like prayer is prolly a better way. I got a list of orders that I should check out...I don't really feel any push to look in to religious life. I love working for the Dominicans, but I don't know that I would be happy as a Dominican...Ironically, no Dominicans on the list.

On to some research...This article: http://www.pathsoflove.com/blog/2008/08/single-vocation-marriage-or-religious-life/ starts out saying that there is but one vocation, a call to love others. However, goes on to say (at least the way I understand it) that there really is no reason that one should enter into single life unless one is not able to marry due to physical or psychological reasons. It seems that if one is able to marry they should, or if one is mentally stable they should join the religious life and not offer their life to the church as a single, but as a member of a community. I do not believe the catechism says anything in particular about the single life as a vocation only that, "Love is therefore the fundamental and innate vocation of every human being".

I need to do these posts earlier in the day...well maybe later this week I will enter another post, with more research. Until then...keep praying...God's will in me be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment